My Name Is Lucky

You could say I'm a rescue dog. One snowy cold Sunday in January I was wandering around in the bush all alone and not really sure how I got there or how I was gonna get home. Then this big red truck came along and stopped. A man got out and he looked nice enough so I sat at his feet hoping he would help. Well I guess I must've looked cute enough cos he let me get in his truck and said he would take care of me. So began a new chapter in my life.

Sunday 24 March 2013

My First Camping Trip

I hadn't been living with my new humans very long when one morning they got up real early, which was odd because it wasn't a work day.  Even more odd they started putting lots of food in a big blue box thingy which made me really excited...humans are just so totally weird don't you think?  I mean they put food in a big white box, then they take it out and put it in a smaller box... then they put it out in the truck!  I mean what the...?  So then they start putting other stuff in the truck...and then they put me in there too!  Dad said I had to sit in the back.   Well I did ... all the way to the gas station but then I saw this lady I knew.  She was the nice lady that lived in the house next to ours, so when she came over to talk to mom and ask how I was doing I saw my chance and snuck between the seats and took up my position on the front seat!  I'm cute like that.

Oh boy I could see everything now!  After a while we pulled in and it got even more weird.  Mom put me on my leash and we started off for a walk. We walked and walked, then walked a bit more.  Then there was this noise and Dad went whizzing past on one of those snow machine things with a sled on the back with all the stuff out of the truck in it.  I danced about on the end of my leash but he didn't stop!  I jumped up and down at Mom...was she daft?  Was she blind?  Hey Mom that was Dad just gone past, where's he going? Why didn't he take us? More importantly he had all the food!  But Mom just laughed and told me it was ok we would walk for a bit and then he would come back for us and we could ride in the sled.   Hmmmm well I wasn't too sure about THAT!  I had a ride in that sled last week and I really didn't like it THAT much.
Me starting out on our walk!
Me doing a spot of digging on the way!


Thing is Dad didn't come back.  We walked for ages... the snow was right up to Mom's knees and although it was fun at first I was tired now.  I sat down but Mom said we should keep going.  So then I jumped up and put my head on her chest and tried my luck at a cuddle.  It worked!  She gave me a hug so quick as a flash I put my front feet up on her shoulders and smartly walked my back legs up and put them round her waist.  There!  I get to be carried!  Well Mom laughed so hard she couldn't walk more than two steps so I got down.  Then I figured maybe if I did the same but on her back she would be able to walk more easy but this just made her laugh even more!  In the end I gave up on the whole thing and decided the only way to keep warm and keep going was if I walked behind her with my head up the back of her coat.
Oh boy this is a long walk!

After walking for what seemed like a whole day I saw this human coming toward us,  as we got closer a voice that I knew called out "Hey Lucky Dog!"  Dad!  Well I forgot I was all tired out and cold...I even forgot Mom was on the other end of my leash.  Dad came back!  He didn't leave us!  Oh boy I was so happy I just took off toward him...funny though Mom didn't seem so happy and she didn't seem to want to run like me!  Dad bought the sled, he had it sort of tied to him with my training leash and he seemed to want me to get in.  Ha!  Fat chance man, I don't get in no sled with Mom!  I'm only a pup I need Mom to make sure I don't fall out or somethin'.  He looked and me and read my mind it seems cos he said  "oh no!  No deal mate I can't pull the sled with both of you sat in it".  So there we were, three tired souls and an empty sled trudging on through the snow until finally they both seemed very happy when this little house came into view.




to be continued.

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading it <3 sounds like lucky and his new family is made for each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic reading. Lucky dog has a "journalists" mind!

    ReplyDelete